Jan 20th Session Meeting Highlights
- Session discussed and agreed on the following committee assignments:
Mission – Marcy Sterling
Property – Walt Mangerich, Mark Sterling & Bill Anderson
Congregational Life – Nancy Hankins & Johanna Samson
Outreach – Joanne Hanson
Worship – Sally Klein
Membership Caring – Johanna Samson
- Mark Sterling is appointed Session president. Julie Moore is appointed Clerk, and Fran Welch is appointed Treasurer
- 2014 Annual reports will be prepared by each committee chair. The deadline is January 31.
- Doug Seeley offered us the pump organ that was in our church building when it was on Garfield Street. Joanne said she would look into it.
- We received a notice of 2015 Per Capita Apportionment from the Presbytery of the Cascades. Per Capita is $27.96 per member. Session moved to pay in installments.
- Traudel Krausche sent us a Thank You card with a note inside thanking her church family for all that was done by the church for her family.
- A prospective new pastor gave a sermon at a Keizer church on January 25th. Several Session members were able to attend.
- Kim met with a school representative to discuss a GAP ministry of school supplies.
- Bill from Right Roof is doing work on the roof; pulling the panels and checking the flashing.
- It was suggested to have Puerto del Cielo Church attend session meeting on a quarterly basis to discuss issues. The lease will be reviewed before the next meeting.
- Marcy & Julie installed the new shelving system in supply closet in the Fellowship Hall. Kim Johnston generously gave us the shelving system.
- The church website is running smoothly, thanks to Laura. One suggestion is to add directions to the church. Also, we will add more information about how much talent we have and what a joy it is to hear beautiful music in a church.
- The church now has a Facebook page. All are encouraged to ‘like’ the page and/or share it with folks in your contact list.
- Music Ministry – Several people will attend the Canby Community Concert on Jan. 23. The van may be used if there are too many people for a car. Susan Egan is performing this month.
- Membership Caring: Johanna continues to minister to a few of our congregants.
- Sarah Williams purchased a nice bookcase that was put up by the choir loft for music.
- Stewardship Committee: As of 1/15/15, there are 21 completed pledge cards.
- Landscaping Committee: Nancy stopped at Al’s and talked to someone about trimming the hedges. We should wait until at least mid-February. We are hoping to get the irrigation line squared away along the South side of the building.
- Next Meeting Date: February 17, 2015
February newsletter: February 2015 for website